After a five year break, beloved Scottish band Idlewild will return with a special announcement expected on Steve Lamacq‘s BBC 6Music show on November 3rd 2014.
The band are also heading out in October on a sold out acoustic tour of the Scottish Highlands and Islands.
Since forming In Edinburgh in 1995, Idlewild have released seven studio albums (two of which debuted in the UK top ten) and 12 top 40 UK singles. Their blend of melodic rock with poetic lyrics has taken them all over the world as a headline act, as well as supporting the likes of U2, REM and Pearl Jam. They are one of Scotland’s most respected and loved bands.
You can watch Idlewild perform their acoustic show at one of the following dates below:
- October 3rd – Tobermory, Isle of Mull An Tobar
- October 4th – Tobermory, Isle of Mull, An Tobar SOLD OUT
- October 5th – Duart Castle, Isle of Mull SOLD OUT
- October 6th – Sleat, Isle of Skye, Sabhal Mòr Ostaig
- October 7th – Stornoway, Isle of Lewis, An Lanntair
- October 9th – Ullapool, Arch Inn SOLD OUT
- October 10th – Stathpeffer Pavillion
- October 11th – Kirkwall, Orkney Islands, Arts theatre
- October 13th – Findhorn Universal Hall
- October 14th – Aviemore Old bridge inn SOLD OUT
- October 15th – Banchory Woodend barn SOLD OUT
- October 16th – Birnam Arts centre SOLD OUT
- October 17th – Musicport festival, Whitby pavilion
For the latest Idlewild news, check out the band’s official website.