Manchester duo San Eco have just released their debut album earlier this month. Melding Tom Edney’s catchy pop hooks with Adam Cowan’s ethereal soundscape production, they craft elements of electronics and subtle sonics to forge an ambient sound. Watch the video for their recent single ‘Pretty Curtains‘ below.
It was during the recording of Cowan’s ‘Six Degrees’ and Edney’s ‘The Manchester Underground EP’, that the two actually became aware of each other’s music – listening in through a wall between neighbouring studios. Cowan tabled an offer of a session, and five years of creativity and hard work later, they are finally ready to release their debut album ‘San Eco’, on Manchester label Beatphreak.
To celebrate they have put together a DJ Mix o for us, featuring an eclectic mixture of psych, electro, jazz, pop and more, listen to it above. Here’s what they say about it
01. Kaitlyn Aurelia Smith – An Intention
02. Sza – Drew Barrymore
03. Colin Stetson – In the Clinches
04. Cosmo Pyke – Chronic Sunshine
05. Once and Future Band – Tell Me Those Are Tears of Joy
06. Juana Molina – Cosoco
07. Neil Cowley Trio – The Sharks of Competition
08. Clark – Butterfly Prowler
09. King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizzard – Rattlesnake
10. The Equals – Police on My Back