HISTORY AND PRESENT
God is in the TV is an online music and culture fanzine founded in Cardiff by the editor Bill Cummings in 2003. GIITTV Bill has developed the site with the aid of a team of sub-editors and writers from across Britain, covering a wide range of music from unsigned and independent artists to major releases.
God Is In The TV‘s core ethos is about giving music fans, writers and bands an independent platform, regardless of genre, position or hype. We invite contributions from both professional and amateur music journalists, allowing writers creative freedom to express themselves on site, reviewing and dissecting the latest releases and championing acts they love.
GIITTV asks its writers, commenters and those working with each other to treat each other with respect. Promoting equality through our content, we do not tolerate discrimination of any marginalised group.
Over the years God Is In The TV has promoted gigs, released a compilation CD and series of free download singles, and championed artists like Arctic Monkeys, Los Campesinos, The Long Blondes, I Like Trains, The Joy Formidable and Islet at the start of their careers. Our writers have appeared on Tom Robinson‘s 6Music show and we have been shortlisted for awards by BT Digital and Record of the Day. In 2015, our deputy editor Simon Godley won the Festival journalist of the year and GIITTV won website of the year at the association of independent festivals awards at a ceremony in Cardiff. Currently we’re part of the Tipping Point and Hype Machine Networks. In 2021, GIITTV released a R.E.M. covers compilation featuring a diverse variety of acts it was praised by the band, and raised £5000 for Help Musicians UK.
We always welcome applications from new writers and photographers. If you think you’ve got what it takes, get in touch with [email protected] with an example of your writing and/or links to your photo portfolio.
SOCIAL MEDIA COMPETITIONS
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Entry is limited to one entry per person which must be made directly by that person.
- Multiple entries will be excluded from the prize draw.
- Method of entry and competition closing date/time will be stated on Facebook or Twitter.
- The winner will be picked at random within 24 hours of competition closure.
- The winner will be notified via Twitter or Facebook within 24 hours of the draw being made. Should the winner not respond within 24 hours of this communication God is in the TV reserves the right to arrange a redraw to select a new winner.
- Details of prize draw delivery will be messaged to the winner via Facebook or Twitter.
- No cash alternative is available.
- By entering the competition the entrant is agreeing to allow God is in the TV to promote the win.
- The name of the winner may be featured via God is in the TV social media.
- Persons involved in arranging the prize draw, their relatives and their sponsors are not eligible for entry into the draw.